If you want to play games on BGA (Board Game Arena) with your existing friends (who also need to be BGA members, and have added each other as friends on the site), follow these steps:
1. Click Play Now tab.
2. Click the down arrow on the ‘Automatic’ tab and change to ‘Manual’ (otherwise you will find yourself being thrust into games with strangers against your will - you can still choose to do that if you want)
3. Choose game to play
4. In ‘Create a new table’ bar, click blue ‘Create’ button
5. In the line where it says ‘Players at this table’, click small print ‘Restrict table access’ on the right-hand side
6. New window opens ‘Restrict table access’. Under Restrict to group, click drop down arrow and change to ‘My friends’ (or a group you are a member of, that will appear on the list).
7. Click ‘ok’.
8. New game table page reappears. Scroll down and click ‘Invite a friend’ to bring up your friends list, or start typing the name of a friend in the white field. Repeat until you’ve invited the people you want.